Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Christmas in a Nutshell

Well Christmas has come and gone and as much as I LOVE celebrating the birth of Jesus, I am ready to get things back to normal! As most families, December is a busy time for our family... spending time with family, get the house ready for the holidays, cooking, parties, and lots of shopping! 
Derek and I enjoyed the Ugly Sweater Party at our friends house and can't wait till we all get together again next year!! I found an idea on pinterest and gave it a try... I didn't win the contest, but it was a cute idea! 
Derek's family always gets together and plays dirty Santa and this year we had a Great time!! We even got to watch the Auburn game on a tv while there! A family member, (who works at a nail salon) really wanted a frame so we worked together and so I ended up with some nail work and she got her frame! HA!! 

This year we waited to the last minute for pictures for Christmas cards... I really wanted to take them with this quilt since Derek's Bigmama made it for him. It was really special to us!! So here are some pictures from our photo shoot...

I love this man...

And I know that Derek won't be happy about me posting this picture... it embarrasses him but it is too cute!! Baker was tired of pictures and ready to go lay down and I saw the opportunity for a cute picture!! 

Christmas Eve

Katelyn, Mom and myself after Christmas at Gradparent's house

 Big Happy Family!!! Minus a few

Baker got a recliner from my grandparents, but they got him another small gift for him to open!

I mustache you to stop taking pictures, Mom...

Then that night we had to get ready for Santa's big arrival. Milk and cookies...

... and reindeer food...


Christmas Morning...  Baker must have been very good this year!



I got many wonderful gifts, but I LOVE my necklace!! Thanks Mom and Dad! 

Later that day, my brother and his family came over and Nana had to get some love from her boys...

And Nana and Grandy with the grandkids...


And of course, me and my love!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment